TRANSFER ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum GPA required for admission to the University as an intended major = 3.0*
- Minimum of 30 college level credits must be completed at the point of application in order to be eligible for transfer admission.
- Fewer than 15 credits: not eligible for regular transfer admission, however:
- Applicants may choose to apply as a freshman rather than transfer in the Academic Intent section of the online application.
- Between 15-29 credits: eligiblefor transferwith at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. You may be required to take Kean’s placement test as a condition of admission.
- Developmental/remedial: non-credit bearing courses do not transfer and should not be included when calculating number of college level credits completed.
Offers of admission are contingent upon receipt of a final transcript showing satisfactory completion of all courses in progress as well as a *minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. Failure to do so will result in a rescinding of the admission offer.
*Many major programs require a higher GPA for declaration of major.
**Minimum GPA = cumulative (combined) GPA from all accredited institutions attended, calculated on a 4.0 scale.
ACCEPTANCE/EVALUATION OF TRANSFER CREDITS
- Credit evaluations to determine transferability to Kean University are part of your acceptance package will be performed upon your acceptance.
- Kean will accept a maximum of 92 transfer credits, including a maximum of 66 lower-division credits
- Students must take a minimum of 32 credits and
- For questions regarding the transferability of any courses taken at New Jersey’s County Colleges, please visit the NJ Transfer website.
- Kean honors N.J. transfer law and related agreements on transferability of credits with A.A. or A.S. degrees. This law only applies to students enrolling in the Fall of 2008 or later who completed an A.A. or A.S. degree in 2005 or later, in comparable major to their major at Kean. Changing majors negates full transferability of credits. For a detailed summary of transfer credit policies, visit Kean’s Transfer Admissions Website.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
Phone: (908) 737-7180
Transfer and Readmission Student Services
Gateway Building, Room 103
Ocean County College, Toms River, NJ
Main Number: (732) 255-0356
All correspondence, such as your notification of your transfer admission decision, will be sent to the email address you indicate on your application.